SL9B - Second Life’s 9th Birthday Exhibit, is here and gone. The 2nd birthday exhibit not sponsored by the creators of the Second Life Virtual World, Linden Lab.
Wading through lag to explore, resorting to sim-to-sim teleports rather than biting the bullet and play sim crossing roulette. Still quite unpredictable whether you are going to make it onto a new sim or not; either you successfully cross into the new destination sim or you get disconnected after a minute or two.
Nice to see someone (Crap Mariner) organise an impromptu little get-together on one of the semi-neglected exhibits. Around 30 people - mostly SL9B Volunteers, in a somewhat cramped train, a train going nowhere. Also the backdrop to one of Crap’s 'angel of death' SL9B promo videos.
The suggestions I submitted for the next Second Life Birthday Exhibit, provided that Linden Lab are going to delegate the event to its customers again:
- Name/Author clearly visible on each and every exhibit
- Themed exhibitions grouped by build height. Including Adult orientated sims!
- Moving away from a square grid exhibition layout
- Navigation Maps, like in amusement parks and SL Shopping Malls
- Activities/concerts for the entire duration of the exhibits, rather than having them abruptly end after the first week
Hopefully the next SLB team will implement a few of my suggestions, if not all.2 years ago